7/5/08

ROUGHING IT

I had a pretty rough day today. It all began with my finally getting out of bed around 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Well, okay. Maybe it wasn't all that rough after all. I did get out a couple times earlier, however, but that was to merely grab a cookie or a Diet Coke, or some other fine health food. I kept getting caught up in different crappy movies. But, movies that basically fit my low standards for damn good entertainment.

Then, I watched a movie I REALLY love... The Other Boleyn Girl. It's like a favorite book of mine. Anyway, I got through the first 25 minutes of it, and boom. Next thing I know, I fell right smack back to sleep. FINALLY about 1, is when I decided I finally had had plenty of sleep, thus was ready to hop out of bed and start my day. Not bad for a lazy ass woman, huh?

I straightened the house a bit, took a shower, gave myself a manicure, did some work at the computer, ate another cookie and another Diet Coke. Oh... by the way, don't ever eat prunes, salad and leftover hot dogs/beans in the same day. You'll be in the bathroom 100 times in four short hours. Also... don't ask me how I know. Just trust me on this one.

I think my stomach woes may have begun a couple of days ago when I got up EARLY to have blood drawn for my sugar level test. I always make the appointment for FIRST thing in the morning. That way, I get to limit my fasting from the night before to like only 7 hours, during most of which time, I'm fast asleep. It's the only way I could EVER go that long without something in my mouth. Anyway, a crazy thing happened to me when I went to the medical lab.

There I was, rubber tubing wrapped around my upper arm, ready to have the needle draw out the blood and bingo. In walks a guy with a HUGE BOX OF KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS! Talk about eyes lighting up! He was actually asking the technician to please deliver it next door when everyone arrives for work. I, instead, was asking UH... AM I ALLOWED TO HAVE ONE?? To which the guy said yes. Which I found sort of ironic, given there I was, having a test done for my blood sugar levels and WHAT IN THE WORLD could possibly have more sugar than glazed doughnuts??? Naturally, I had them draw the blood first THEN ate the poisonous sugar.

Oh yeah... one last thing. Right after the lady was finished with me she asked: DO YOU LIKE EARRINGS? Next thing I know, she's showcasing all SORTS of earrings and bracelets she's made at home. Thankfully, I found none that sparked me, but as soon as I said NO THANK YOU, she then asks: DO YOU LIKE SHOES?? Can you believe this?? I'm in a regular store front business here, or something! There is NO way the doctors upstairs know what's doing down in the lab, believe me.

On the other hand, it was quite a lovely way to start the day. A delicious doughnut, a lovely array of jewels and an almost array of shoes. Definitely three of my all time favorite things in the world. No wonder my stomach is doing flip flops.

No comments: