1/28/08

AN EYE FOR AN EYE

I just gave myself a manicure. At least I THINK I did. The problem is: I can't really see, to be sure. Get this... about 9:00 last night, I felt something in my left eye. Naturally, I rubbed it, hoping that whatever it was, would go away. I did that a couple of times, but sadly, the eye didn't really get any better.

Then, I figured... well, maybe my eye is merely dry, which happens at times during the winter. So... I went and got my lubricating drops and popped a few in. Still no better. Then... I took a shower and really washed my eye out, rinsing and re-rinsing. Uh... still no better.

In fact, by then, it was like almost becoming a major problem. I had developed what was becoming an actual ACHE in the eye. Geez... I could begin smelling trouble right off the bat. Forget the fact that I could already see how this ache was definitely going to cut into a great night's sleep. More importantly, I'm going away for a week tomorrow, and the LAST thing I want is to go blind or be in major pain while out of town. Thus, this morning, I hopped right smack out of bed and called the doctor to see if I could be seen. Uh... I sort of wanted this eye ache mystery resolved.

Boom. I went to the doctor and sure enough... I HAVE A SCRATCH ON MY CORNEA!! Eeeks. What the hell I got in my eye, I have no clue, but I had to live the rest of today as if I could actually see, given I had so much on my TO DO LIST. And, one of those things was: give myself a manicure. Bear in mind, that in best of times, my eyeballs are getting a little iffy as I age. In times like today... well, all I can say is, I HOPE the manicure is somewhat decent. Unfortunately, I can't really be sure.

I'm pretty particular about my nails, but I have to admit... I basically won't know how my manicure went down for another four days, yet. That's when I should be healed, according to Dr. Eyeball. Until then... my nails could be a holy mess, for all I know. In which case, I might have to head out to my nearest department store and check out the latest fashion in women's gloves. Something tells me that the old fashioned up-to-the-elbow look is no longer in style. Which is too bad, given I'm way into full coverage. Including fingers that happen to be sporting crappy manicures.

No comments: