2/6/08

LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON

For about the last ten years, my sister has been carrying on a love affair. She has spoken about it to me over and over again. She has raved about it over and over again. And, get this... she has actually invited me to JOIN her over and over again. Claudia has been a woman bedazzled like I've never seen a woman bedazzled before. And, you know what... she has absolutely not an ounce of guilt about the affair. In fact, she's floating on Cloud Nine.

For all these years, I've listened as she's described in detail, every minute aspect this love affair, especially because she speaks of it with such excitement and such thrill in her voice, that I wouldn't DREAM of cutting her off. Why, there are times she's even gasped with pauses, just so she could get all the images and all the descriptions exactly right. There is no question that the bounce this affair has put into her step, has made her a completely fulfilled woman. In fact, when I moved up here several years ago, Claudia would repeatedly ask me to come back down, specifically to delight in her womanly playtime activity. Yet she was never quite sure that I too, would swoon in just the same way she did. But regardless... she begged me to give it a try.

Well... guess what. After ten years I FINALLY agreed to be the third party to her love affair and let me tell you.... it was everything she's ever said it would be! And MORE. I joined in her frolic last week and let me tell you, I was completely knocked off my feet by the excitement, charge and bliss of the experience. It happened last week when we were both back in South Florida.

OH WAIT... YOU'RE THINKING HER AFFAIR WAS WITH SOME SPECTACULARLY HANDSOME, CHARMING ADONIS OF A MAN?? Oh God... never! Claudia is madly in love Barry and would NEVER consider another man.


What she WOULD consider inSTEAD, however, is a weekly tryst at the jewelry showrooms in the Merchandise Mart and let me just tell you... THIS tryst could definitely bring as much a secret thrill as any gorgeous lover EVER could. I SHOULD KNOW. I DID A THREE SOME WITH HER!! And Claudia was absolutely right. The dazzle this experience brought was as highly charged as any love I've ever known.

For the first time EVER, Claudia and her partner in crime, Debbie, brought me along for their secret rendevouz. First time in history they've EVER included a third. But man, am I glad they did! Everywhere your eye traveled, there was glitz, sparkle, selection and pricing that could make your head SPIN. It was nothing short of jewelry Disneyland, with a little glitzy Las Vegas, all rolled into one and believe you me, I went on every damn ride possible. It took me all of four seconds to be brought into this affair with complete abandon. I pointed and I bought. I smiled and I paid. I oohed and I ahhed. The fun of it all had me, TOO, gasping and wondering when, if ever, the the glow would fade away.

I had the all time BEST afternoon with Claudia and Debbie. And with the jewels, too, of course. I've never in my life seen so many in any one place. I can't even tell you how much shopping I did and how few items I turned down. It was as if I had no control whatsoever. I followed all their rules about which stores to shop in first, when lunch break was allowed, which order of stores we were to view and which pieces were a go or a no.
All I can say is: Claudia is definitely onto something. NO WONDER she and Debbie are happily married women. With a tryst like this each week, EVERY woman would be in 7th Heaven. Best of all, I can't WAIT to show off my new lovers... ooops. I mean my new jewels. Trust me... you'll know them when you see them. Probably by the huge grin on my face and the glitzy bounce in my step.

No comments: