1/23/08

HOMELAND SECURITY

I am so excited. As we speak, the security system for my house is being installed. FINALLY. I don't have to worry about being raped and/or killed. As for theft... who cares. Any robber who thinks I have major valuables worth stealing, is so barking up the wrong tree. It's my LIFE that I want protected and yippee. By late this afternoon, it'll be protected up the kazoo.

It just kills me by the way, that a person lays down a chunk of change in 2008 to purchase a brand new home and get this... THERE'S NO PREWIRING FOR A SECURITY SYSTEM! Huh?? What the hell is the builder thinking? How can that even BE? Oh... I'll tell you how that can be, given the installer just filled me in. Get this... the builders around here, apparently want the alarm companies to pre-wire their houses for FREE! Their take is: the alarm companies will make plenty of monies on the the monthly monitoring fees; thus forget about making money off the builders... make it off the residents, instead. Naturally, the security companies aren't falling for it.

Regardless, I'll let them work out their differences. I, in the meantime, will work on learning how to in fact, OPERATE my system, once it's in place. Which, I might add, is going to be no easy feat. Trust me... the false alarms to the monitoring people are going to be driving them NUTS while I get this deal down pat. I can see already, I'm going to be on a first name basis with these folks. Which is good. That way, they can call me by name when they decide to curse and yell at me for screwing up all the time. Just what I like. Not only, to be told I'm a total F^=# Up, but more to the point, you're a huge F^=# Up LINDA. Like, how many times in my life have I heard THAT before??

Anyway, in about eight hours from now, please don't try to break into my house. I'll have to hear major alarms sounding off, and and I'll have to be answering phone calls telling the monitors I'm either dead or raped. As for stealing, I'll just tell you up front, what I tell every workman who ever comes to my house. Uh... please don't steal anything. If you REALLY REALLY need it, just tell me what it is you were intending to steal, and I'll just give it to you right off the bat. That way, it'll make it easier on BOTH of us. And, trust me... I'm heavy into ease. Not to mention... security on the home front.

No comments: