8/18/07

MAN OH MAN

If only I could figure out what to write about, I'd surely do it. It's just that for the past week, I have been sooooo entrenched in what could possibly be the last days and/or weeks of my Dad's life; thus for the life of me, I simply can't imagine what sort of entry I could possibly add to this blog. It's been just so crazy. Claudia and I have been running around like chickens with their heads cut off for the past 5 days, finalizing/documenting all Dad's wishes. And, to make sure I wasn't crazed eNOUGH, get this... God decided to put a little additional twist to things; as in: send my Dad to the hospital. Don't ask.

Neither Claudia nor I expected the end might be this soon, and maybe it won't; but according to doctor's, maybe it will. It was an interesting little scene, to say the least, as Dr. Clark sat us down, kinda giving us a reality check. It was when he got into the DO NOT RESUSCITATE order, which up until now, Claudia was wholly against, did things come into clear focus. By the way, this DNR deal is no easy bit. If you DO choose to resuscitate, man are YOU in for some work. At best of course, you've got a chance to be revived. At worst, you'll possibly be revived alright, but with zillions of broken bones, all kinds of tubes, machines, etc. Uh... being so sick at 86 years old...it definitely makes you think twice.

Anyway, I'm soon off to the hospital yet again. Oh... I also learned something else, by the way. I was told that amongst doctor's there's apparently a thought whereby it's believed that "pneumonia is considered to be an old man's best friend", clearly implying that there comes a point when the pneumonia takes you right smack down the road an old man's body is supPOSED head. As in: forget every other medical condition. Pneumonia is going to kinda give your body a kick in the ass and say: Sorry my friend. You're simply too weak and too tired to go on. Geez... just what you want to hear.

So, basically... as you can see, there's not a whole hell of a lot for me to write about lately. Unless of course you want me to recant the aches, pains and stress of seeing your father deteriorate. Which, no thanks. I'm not going to do. Therefore, suffice it to say I love my Dad dearly and am pretty much focused on dealing with the probability of soon losing him. God only knows when I'll next feel like writing again nor what the hell I'll feel like saying. So, with that... catch you soon. For now, I'll be pretty damn busy praying that God will watch over my Dad, keep him comfortable, and give him peace. I love you, Dad.

No comments: