8/31/07

IS SHE FOR REAL??

What the heck is with these people who think their dogs are on par with human beings? Better yet, what the heck is with those who actually WILL items to their dogs once they pass away?? Is is me, or are these people border line nuts? I mean, come on... give me a break. I'm all for loving one's pet. Okay... cook stove top gourmet meals for your pet, if you must. Even sleep with your pet, all cozied up, upon your pillow if that's what you're into. Better yet, if you simply HAVE to have your Xmas cards showing pictures of you cheek to cheek, practically frenching your animal, then okay, go for it.

BUT, TO LEAVE 12 MILLION DOLLARS TO A DOG?? ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME??? What the hell is THAT all about??

Unfortunately, I'll never know, given Leona Helmsley has kicked the bucket. Yet she did just that. The dog gets millions. A couple of grandchildren get nothing. Okay... I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, imagining the kiddies did/did not do something that deserved such a slight. But... TO MAKE SPOT A MILLIONAIRE?? What the hell did Spot do?? Sit?? Stay?? Fetch?? Wow... if that's the case, I should be scoring ZILLIONS given all the things I can do WAY more complex than Spot.

I guess there are those who can actually understand Leona's thinking. I on the other hand, am seriously QUESTIONING her thinking. Especially since I was heavy into the entire Leona and/or Harry bit way back in the 1980's. Actually, I even read her biography, which I'm sort of hesitant to even admit. Regardless... did the attorney not look at Leona AGHAST when she instructed him/her to set up the Doggie Trust?? Isn't he/she OBLIGATED at some point to say... Uh... Lookie here, Mrs. Helmsley. I'm happy to do this, this and this. But THIS?? Hold on a minute here, honey. Geez... it almost sounds like grounds for malpractice if you ask me.

I remember Sunshine, our family dog for many years. He was absolutely the best pet EVER. He was smart, obedient, demonstrative, etc. etc. Definitely a great little four legged companion. In fact my Dad was SO impressed with the life Sunshine led, he actually said he'd LOVE to return to earth one day as our pet. If anyone lived in the lap of luxury, Sunshine did. But NEVER in my Dad's wildest imagination did he or Mom ever think the dog should be included in their WILL. Can you imAGINE my reaction should I have had to ever deal with THAT? Geez... half the people in this world are alREADY mighty jealous of their siblings, etc. Can you imagine having to be jealous of and/or strangle YOUR PET?? EEKS.


All I can say is... you are apparently ONE LUCKY crazy ass canine if you belong to the Queen of Mean. In fact, as I see it, you automatically become the King of Green. Talk about giving a whole new meaning to being a Rich Bitch.

No comments: