1/17/07

CALL ME IN JUNE

I began work this week and all I can say is: life as I knew it, is basically over. I'M WHIPPED by the time I get home. You'd almost think I was running the Pentagon or something. I can't believe it. Getting back into this world of working non stop almost 6 hours a day is CRAZY. But... I get paid, so I can't really complain. Wait... maybe I can.

Take today for instance. It was nuts. During the 5 and 3/4 hours I'm on the job each day, I need to test the reading skills for over 50 students. EEEKS. Talk about a rush job. I need to administer 3 quickie tests and at almost all times I've got a back log of maybe 3 students. It gets intense, trust me.

Which is why I head home right smack after school, decline all sorts of social festivities on school nights and begin my yoga session as soon as possible. I turn on no radio, no TV and answer no phone. In fact, I can see already, that I'll need to add at least 10 minutes of meditation to my yoga workout, just to help make sure I come back to earth each day. Living the Wired Life is not, and never has been, my kind of living.

Therefore, as best I can tell, it could easily be next June before I return to my normal mode of operation. Wanna make plans for next summer?? Great! I'll begin blocking out the calendar right away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR HAIR WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!
You are too cute.....hope to see you on my next trip to Nawth Caa-line-a

Anonymous said...

by the way, that is from Maria Lynch Laura's friend.