9/6/09

CROWNING GLORY

See this wall hook?? I love it. No wonder. I designed it! Well, sort of. I went to a flea market recently and found this huge hook, along with five other smaller ones. ALL CROWNS. So regal and SO up my alley! I brought them home, tickled pink, knowing this was 1.) going to be a perfect project for me and 2.) a great way to actually get to hang up my winter wear.

Only one problem. The hooks are made of a very lightweight metal and were all scratched and crappy looking... not particularly attractive at all. AND painted black. Bingo. Right off the bat, I envisioned them dripping in gold. With diamond and pearls, no less. Maybe rubies too, if the mood struck. Okay... so the real jewels are sorta out of the question. Damnit.

BUT… I pretended. I painted all the crowns gold, did the embellishing with faux diamonds and other faux gems and lo and behold... I now have some pretty snappy looking wall hooks happening here. I love them!

The fact that they're crowns are perfect for me. I am a definite enthusiast for the British Monarchy and would go nuts to live and/or work in a palace. Put me on ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER... and whammo. I can kick their sweet little tushes ANY day in the Monarchy dept. Note that I didn't say Jeopardy; although I bet I could hold my own with that, too. Well, maybe. Besides, I HAVE read every biography known to man about all monarchs from Victoria til today.

Anyway, I’m kinda pleased with the outcome of my wall hooks. I would even MORE pleased if only they were REAL.

1 comment:

Going Kiwi 2 said...

This piece does look very coronal, festooned with faux jewels. All very suitable for your "Crowning Glory" personality! They must look quite appealing all lined up, ready for your winter clothing! Hope you enjoy them for a long time to come!