2/5/09

NUMBERS GAME

I have no clue what made these numbers jump into my mind the other day, but all of a sudden, all my junior high school home room numbers bounced right smack into my head. HUH?? HAVE I NOTHING BETTER TO THINK ABOUT?? Apparently not.

What absolutely struck me about all this, is that I am almost pretty sure that they are all CORRECT! As in... for 7th grade, it was 7-12. For 8th grade it was 8-13. And for 9th grade it was 9-15. Man... talk about useless information. Who else in their right mind even thinks of these things?? What I wouldn't give to remember my high school home rooms too, by the way. Bear in mind, junior high school was like 48 years ago!! EEKS.

So, anyway... in keeping with this crazy ass numbers game, I decided to see if I could remember my home phone numbers as well! Thus, let's say you wanted to invite me to your 12th birthday party. Or, to your Sweet Sixteen, for that matter. And, let's say you were too lazy to send me a real invitation in the mail. BOOM. You could have reached me at 667-1668. WHY THANK YOU. I'LL BE HAPPY TO COME! On the other hand, if I was at college and wanted to call home, I'd have to dial 666-6788. HI YOU GUYS. PLEASE SEND MONEY. Actually, Claudia had to help me remember the first number correctly, but I think I pretty much got the second number down pat.

Further, if you wanted to call me to help carpool your kid, THEN you'd have to dial 661-8406. THAT number I definitely remembered in an instant. Besides, that's the number I had to teach my son when he was but 3 years old.

I just can't tell you how amazing all this is, to me. My brain is fried about what time I'm supposed to be at your house tomorrow...but... 40 years ago?? Bingo. THAT I remember. Of course if you wanted to call me TODAY to see what's doing... uh... sorry. If you don't already have the number, then you can be sure I'm not giving it you HERE. Oh yeah... you'll probably want my cell phone number, also. Sorry Charlie.. that too, I'm not handing out.

What I CAN tell you, is when I had to choose a new phone number for my move to NC 7 years ago, I remember telling the lady... we have to make it an easy one. I need my elderly mother to be able to remember it EASILY. We came up with a really great one, actually. Man, how I wished she were still around so she could call me. Anyway, the only thing that has ticked me off in the past 30 years is that all my numbers always had a zero in it. Thus I could never have one that was like: 123-LINDA. Now THAT would have been a number game straight from heaven.

Lastly... boy am I thrilled that I no longer have to do local 10 digit dialing any longer. THAT was crazy. And why I so love my current small town phone system. OKAY. BYE FOR NOW. I'LL CALL YOU BACK LATER.

No comments: