5/5/08

ALL GOOD THINGS....

... must come to an end. I can't believe it. After two months of having my son at home, he's headed back to school again. Damnit. I am so telling you... empty nest syndrome all over again. Which is too bad, given it's been a fabulous two months.

First of all, he IS amongst my all time favorite people. Second of all, he has major muscles, which is pretty handy when moving/lifting really heavy items. Third of all, he is definitely techie savvy, thus he was a HUGE help with my computer, my iPod, my television and my new cell phone. Fourth of all, he was more than happy to take over my most hated job... watering the trees. Fifth of all, he did he own laundry and was MUCH tidier than I ever remember. Sixth of all... I love him like crazy.

It's going to be really nuts after he's gone; I won't be hearing my favorite sound... the automatic garage door opening, signaling he's pulling up in the driveway. Of course, I also won't be hearing the buzzing of his remote control helicopter which is by far, his favorite toy. Nor will I be hearing Howard Stern each time I enter his bedroom. Worst of all, I'll have NO ONE TO DO MY ZILLIONS OF ERRANDS. Well, that's not completely true. Pat will resume those duties, thank goodness.

But... seeing him drive away the day after tomorrow, is definitely going to leave a pit in the bottom of my stomach. Yet, the best part of it all, is that he too, loved being here for all these weeks. We had a great time and many laughs. Only a couple of times did I have to tell him he's outta his ever loving, freakin' mind. Well, okay. Maybe three or four. But, still, I think that's is a pretty good ratio, all in all. Good bye watching South Park. Good bye hearing about the old naked men in the locker room at the gym. Good bye having to take a bite out of my sandwiches. And, good bye 32 trips to the grocery store per week.

I'm a sad lady, for sure. That's the bad news. The good news is: I can have all the quiet I want. All the thermostat to myself. And all happiness of knowing I've got one hell of a wonderful kid. Who could ask for more?

No comments: