3/18/08

YES WE CAN

It's ironic to me, that a day after Heather Mills, the greedy, selfish, low life bitch, who gave her own little speech on the courthouse steps immediately after her divorce proceedings, we should have today, heard another speech; one delivered instead, by Barack Obama. The two speeches couldn't have possibly been more different in tone, importance and acumen. Heather's was spoken like a cheap British gold digger, while Barack's was more like an inspiring intellect digging for a Golden America.

If you were unable to hear Obama speak live today, then sadly, you missed the most eloquent, potent speech of our lifetime. Including those of John Kennedy or Martin Luther King. It was nothing short of incredible genius mixed with honest experience and emotional truth. In fact, I just heard, on my favorite political news station, that his speech was comparable to that of Abraham Lincoln's. I can only PRAY every student in this country was able to hear Obama's words in their own classroom.

As stated almost a year ago, I have been an Obama supporter from the get go. It matters not why, given that if I had to explain why his being President is SO much more preferential over Hillary or McCain, then it wouldn't even be worth my effort. Suffice it to say that we should BE so blessed as to have our country led by Barack.

What I WILL tell you however, is that while my son and I sat, listening to Barack tackle the race issue in politics and in America, we KNEW we were witnessing a defining moment in our history. We were not only moved beyond belief at hearing Obama's words, but also felt a sort of honor to hear words of an immensely grand orator, detailing with elegance, the most important message America could receive today.

Yes, I know... we have a lot to consider in this upcoming election. War, economics, health, education, global problems, etc. etc. Yet for me... to have a candidate that can meet these issues while combining race, understanding, statesmanship and dignity... well all I can say is: this sort of opportunity comes but once in a lifetime. Should we forgo our chance to have an American leader of quality such that Obama offers, would be to me, an unforgivable sin to the citizens of our country. I have sat back for 8 years watching a reprehensible President bring to ruin the stunningly remarkable concepts of our forefathers. Thus, when I think of the words IN GOD WE TRUST, I can promise you... I am also thinking about trusting in God, to give my country a leader whose caliber, integrity and respectability is like that of Barack Obama. Indeed, he embodies an essence that I have not seen in ANY President since I reached voting age. And, trust me. I'm WAY over 21.

No comments: