3/5/08

A NEW ROOMMATE

Uh... sitting down?? Get this... I have a new roommate. Don't ask. After YEARS of living a life style of doing whatever the hell I wanted, whenever I wanted with whomever I wanted, BOOM, all has undergone a major change, in a major way. As in: new time scheduling, new cleaning responsibilities, new shopping lists, new noise levels, new laundry loads, new EVERYthing. And while normally, the best part of having roommates, is the fact you get to have someone sharing expenses, THIS roommate has ME doling out the bucks. Lots of them too, I might add. Why, you ask? Because, get this... my new roommate is MY SON!! Eeeks.

It's been a LONG time since my kid has lived at home. And, actually, I kinda got used to my new found peace and quiet for the past 6 years. Indeed, I LIVED for his visits back home. But... did I ever think he'd actually come back to LIVE at home?? Uh... no. That's an entirely DIFFERENT story, if you ask me. In the meantime, my son, his father, and I, all decided it would be a great idea to give my kid a chance to regroup, rethink and redirect. Hence: the new roommate.

Our first day was kinda interesting. First of all, it was POURING all day long. Regardless, however, we spent the day running all over town, buying all sorts of deals to make my precious baby nice and comfy. Uh... a little TOO comfy, if you ask me, but who's counting. Secondly, not only were we out selecting nice new linens, choosing all his favorite foods, setting up his lovely new room, BUT... just now we (actually HE) set up a brand new wireless Internet connection for his computer. Apparently my desktop doesn't count. Having access on his laptop in his bedroom is way more his speed. Of course, it was ME who had the pleasure of being able to actually pay for the new techie hook ups, but again... who's counting. Talk about the ole adage: KIDS TODAY!

On the other hand, its great having my son's company. No question about that. It's also great spending time with him and hearing him laugh or even being able to send him out for errands. We've already hooked into a possible job for him, which now that I think about it, would be excellent to help offset the billions it's costing me to house him. Plus, I love people with muscles, so having an extra pair around the house is definitely a bonus.

So, basically... all is happy and harmonious in my little abode. And my sweet little roommate is doing absolutely just fine. Of course, it's only been day two so God only knows what can happen by WEEK two. Already the thermostat setting has been a bone of contention. Now, that didn't take long.

No comments: