3/21/08

FAKING IT

I so love this picture. Probably because I so love these apples. And, I love the wooden bowl in which they are sitting. I remember being a little girl, watching my mother chop all KINDS of food in this bowl, which at the time, looked to be the all time largest bowl I had EVER seen. As in: HUGE. Seriously... it boggled my mind. Much like now... since it STILL boggles my mind given that it's SO not a particularly big bowl, after all. Believe me... I toss daily salads in bowls larger than this one. Talk about "through the eyes of a child!" Anyway, I keep this bowl of apples on the center of my kitchen dining table.

And, I love looking at it. What gets me most, however is how absolutely FABULOUS and inviting these apples look. I mean, you take a mere glance at them and your mouth immediately begins watering, just DYING to take a huge, juicy bite out of one. Except... please don't.

1.) They cost almost $15 a shot and
2.) You'll break your teeth.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Kinda pricey for an apple. But, man, LOOK AT THESE. They are so damn believable, it just KILLS me. To my way of thinking, a one time multi dollar investment pays off BIG time, considering it's for the rest of your life. Hence, my delight with the purchase. Besides, look at the REAL apple. Uh... the one that's eaten to the core, in case you couldn't spot the tree grown one vs. the man made. It looks EXACTLY like the pretend guys.

Which is why I love this picture even more. LOOK at how perfectly it's eaten around the core! I simply couldn't get over it. Which is why I ran to grab the camera. Trust me... I would love to take credit for this amazingly eaten apple, but alas, I can't. It was precisioned by a recent house guest, and not by me. Besides, I myself would never have eaten this apple. Why?? Easy. Because it's a Delicious. I don't do Delicious. I only do Granny Smith. Which, according to the Linda School of Tasty Apples is way more delicious than the actual Delicious.

Which reminds me... you want to REALLY down an incredible apple? Better tasting than ANY variety of them ALL? Find yourself a Honey Crisp Apple. You will thank me for the suggestion forever.

No comments: