10/10/06

WHO HAS TIME?

Wow... it's been so long since I've had time to post an entry that get this... I FORGOT MY PASSWORD. I can't believe it. I tried logging into my Blog Acc't and had NO idea what my password was! Oh my God... I'm getting old. At lightening speed, too. Talk about discouraging. Well, that's the bad news.

The good news is: the reason I haven't had time to post is because I've been so busy winning hordes of money and zillions of trips! HOW have I been doing this? Easy... I've been playing online Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune!! Of course, I've been losing everything, too, but who's counting. I swear... these games are just the ticket for vegging out and regrouping. Case in point: I had a bad day recently and before you knew it, I was back to my chipper self again. I merely sat down at the computer, played a game and boom. I was back in the pink in no time.

Let me tell you by the way, IT'S NOT EASY. Wheel of Fortune is the one that surprised me the most. (the games have the exact music, set design, etc as on TV) When watching television, I can solve the puzzle in no time flat. On the computer, when I'm the contestant... forget it. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE SOLUTION IS. Merely selecting the correct letters is a challenge. I couldn't believe I wasn't popping out the answers lickety split.

As for Jeopardy, I was surprised too. But, in a good way. I couldn't get over how well I did in... let's say Astronomy. A category I'd NEVER have chosen. About the only answer I'd ever know is... let's say: HE INVENTED THE TELESCOPE. Yippee. That one I'd know. Uh, Alex... I'll take SHOOT FOR THE STARS for $600. WHO IS GALILEO?? Naturally, I'd be smiling when... just then Alex tells me... SO SORRY LINDA. THAT'S INCORRECT. Huh? Is this a joke?? HE DIDN'T?? Wouldn't you know... come to find out, Galileo only IMPROVED upon the telescope. The REAL inventor is some chap named Hans Lipperhey. A chap by the way, I'VE NEVER HEARD OF. Which is probably when I'd have to take issue with the judges; but why spoil the fun. HOWever... forgetting about Astronomy... I happily surprised myself in a LOT of other crazy categories. Oh yeah... I forgot to mention. Since Alex and I are merely meeting in cyberspace, the answers all show up as multiple choices. No WONDER I do better than I would have thought. Were I to pull the answers strictly from inside my own head, I'd be a goner in round two, EASILY.

Bottom line: I highly recommend these two games for anyone wanting to escape for 20 minutes. Try either
Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune (don't download it... play it for free like I do) and if you beat me, I shan't be happy. I will however, return to my REAL all time favorite game... FREE CELL. See you in the contestant's circle.

No comments: