10/11/06

MY WORK HERE IS DONE

Last month, I was asked to model at SteinMart's for a few hours. It was a dream job. You choose whatever 3 outfits you'd like to model and merely walk the floor, showing off how stunning you look. In return, you get 20% off anything you'd like to purchase. Which I found to be interesting since basically I had to PAY in order to then BE paid. Some concept, huh? On the other hand, I did buy 3 great pieces which I will certainly love wearing, but still, there's something a bit out of whack here. Whatever.

This month, I've had the title of Executive Assistant for a week. I was asked by a gentleman here to help with computer/internet work for a business plan he was putting together. I happily accepted since a.) I could work in pajamas at home b.) the pay was good and c.) I could complete my work at 3 a.m. if I chose. The job was a breeze, but don't tell that to the guy. I'm definitely into letting him think I worked hard as hell; although I must admit I really DID do a pretty decent job, if I say so myself. That's the good news. The bad news is, my job is now over. I've been fired, in a manner of speaking. I apparently finished all he needed done so once again, I'm out in the open employment market. At first we expected that the job might take up to maybe 50 hours. Just my luck, I'm so efficient, it took closer to 15. Thus, of course the big dilemma. Do I pad my hours or not??

If only I were in my 20's. At that age, I'd probably take the risk and well... kinda lie, adding extra hours to my pay check. But being in my 50's, however... uh, I think I'll go the honesty route. I love being able to sleep well at night, so why toy with success. Which of course means, I won't get as much money, but so be it. I'm heavy into morality, anyway so in the end, it's a win-win situation. Besides, at THIS job, I didn't have to first lay out any money to then get my money.

Better yet, knowing that my oldest girlfriend is soon to arrive for a week's visit, being fired isn't such a bad thing. I'm now free to entertain with no work constraints. I'm also free to spend my measley paycheck entertaining her. Which to me, spells yet another win-win situation. Moral of the story? Anyone needing a great employee who might possibly consider cheating on work hours, give me a call. Apparently, I'm available.

No comments: