9/21/06

XTRA, XTRA

I'm having a war with the newspaper delivery guy. He apparently runs the show around here, and his bosses, unlike me, apparently seem to have no problem with it. Last month, in honor my sister and her husband having moved here, I gifted them a daily subcription to our local newspaper. And, I stipulated when I placed the order, that I wanted to be SURE the paper would be delivered as far down the driveway as possible.

Well, it seems the delivery guy isn't all that intent on satisfying the customer. After three weeks, he still insists the paper be placed in the mail box which is about a house and a half away. That's another story altogether. Suffice it to say however, that since Jack doesn't want to throw the paper in the driveway, my sister has to, instead, be sure she's fully dressed before she can trapse up the street to grab her daily edition of what's happening in the world.

Almost immediately, I was on the phone with circulation department and after three weeks and 5 different service reps the upshot seems to be: Jack has been around forever (thus makes his own rules) and claims he has a "tight schedule". A tight ass is what I'm thinking, but so be it. Tight schedule?? He can't take no more than an extra 65 seconds and zip up to the driveway for the infamous toss?? Give me a BREAK! This guy is outta control.

Naturally, I've asked the reps to please correct this delivery hassel and further, please call me back letting me know Jack is ready to cooperate. The phone has not rung once from anyone. Even the threat of cancelling MY subscription as well as my sister's in favor of reading it online, didn't get me anywhere. What the hell is going on in this city? I need to fight to get a paper delivered? I'm involved in a newspaper war??

I can't even imagine what to think when Jack hears that my sister will be in Australia soon, thus will have to actually SUSPEND service for three weeks. Mark my words... three weeks of papers will almost certainly be laying in her driveway.

No comments: