9/22/06

FREE FALLING

After 12 months, guess what? AUTUMN IS HERE ONCE AGAIN! Autumn alone, is one of the reasons I adore where I live. As a native South Floridian, even I knew that celebrating Xmas in temps of 89 degrees is a major fraud. But, now that I'm in Great Smoky Mountains, my favorite season is upon me. Just last night I got to wear a wonderful coverup over my clothing and it felt great. All the windows are opened, the sun is shining brightly and the temps are in the 50s. What a life! From here on in, the crispness of the air will become a staple, the seasonal clothing will come out of the closet and the indoors will feel open and comfortable. Not to mention that reds, yellows and oranges will color the trees. Am so telling you... autumn is a fabulous season. Period.

I remember my first autumn 4 years ago. During that period I wore more pairs of socks in 5 months, than I ever did during the 50+ years of living down south. Not only that, I now have 2 wardrobes of socks... those for day/evening wear and those for nighttime sleeping. Having warm feet while asleep during autumn and winter are clearly the secret to feeling nice and toasty. Actually, hot chocolate helps, too.

No comments: