6/11/09

GENDER BENDER

Oh my God...what a week of sex. Not MY sex, mind you, but the sex of first David and now Chaz. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? I'm kinda freaked at the news on both fronts. But not because I'm rooting for the pain and/or suffering of others. Nor because I'm against anyone doing whatever the hell they want with their personal sex lives, as long as no one is being hurt and/or forced. Instead, while these stories are right up my alley just for the mere SHOCK of it all, I'm freaked at the impact each is having on the individuals, themselves. I just can't beLIEVE what I'm reading.

Okay... the Carradine story is old news by now. I've had time to process it and move on. But then, this afternoon, I logged onto the net and boom. Right smack in front of me was the story about Chastity BECOMING A MAN! Eeeeks. So much for that adorable blonde haired princess we often saw on the Sonny and Cher Show. WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON, ANYWAY? I'd so love to have been a fly on the wall when Chaz laid THIS story on her world famous, absolutely gorgeous, diva of a mother.

Regardless... I actually found the life story of Chastity pretty enlightening. Since her original coming out a LONG time ago, I really haven't kept up with her, nor... and more to my point of interest... her love life. Reading the update of all that this afternoon, was something I found pretty damn interesting, if I say so myself. We all know there are so many ignorant homophobes running around, thus, life is obviously hard enough as is for the gay community. Unfortunately, they are subjected to plenty of hateful comments, prejudiced treatment, etc. etc. Thus, as I read about Chastity, I couldn't help but think to myself... UH OH, CHASTITY... GET READY FOR PEOPLE TO REALLY GO POSTAL ON YOU.

Personally, I get it, how people born in the wrong sexual body are living every day of their life in pain. I also get it that it takes tremendous courage to do whatever it is they must do to become authentic. But, STILL... the mere idea of having to actually physically SWITCH OUT your body parts is simply mind blowing to me. Hey.... I can't even muster up the courage to get a much needed face lift! How the hell do people undergo major PRIVATE PART SWAPPING?? Holy freakin' EEEKS. I'm like feeling stunned at the idea.

Pretty much the way I'm almost SURE Cher was stunned to find that she'll no longer have a daughter. Nor will Elijah Blue have a sister. Talk about a crazy ass sit down dinner at Christmas time this year.


Even more ironic, if you ask me, is Chastity's NAME. Like, for one whose name has to do with being chaste, holy, pure, and sexually inexperienced, this new little decision has definitely thrown a little wrinkle into her name's sake. Like in a million years, could Sonny or Cher ever possibly IMAGINED their precious little one would grow up to cut off her breasts and attach a male member? Oh man... so wasn't in the cards, I promise you. Geez... talk about getting as far from chaste as one can possibly can.

On the other hand, Bill Maher made a great point the other night. Can you even BLAME Chastity?? Have you seen the body on her MOTHER lately?? Would YOU want to gender compete with such a body? Oh man... God knows I wouldn't! I don't like even letting people with those kinds of bodies meander the streets. TOTALLY not fair to the rest of the population.

So basically, it's Good bye Chastity... Hello Trinidad. And no, not the one in the Caribbean. Instead, the one in Colorado... home of surgical sex change procedures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG you haven't changed a bit! I just watched your video of a couple of years ago -- it's the same Gittleman who kept us roused and outrageous in the dorm at USF! Seriously cannot believe we've found you after all these years! xxoo Ann