10/22/08

TRICK OR TREAT

See this pict?? It's my stash for Halloween Trick or Treaters. And yet, I kinda hope it will still be aROUND by the time they begin coming to my door. Because frankly, it's getting plenty iffy here, with each day that passes by. I've had this HUGE bowl of goodies out for at least a week now, and trust me... walking past it 179 times a day is a trick all onto itself, since I could so down this entire collection in mere hours.

On the other hand, I have to admit, I've got a pretty good grip on my personal self control, so basically I'm pretty much good to go. It's all the VISITORS who come to my house that have a much harder time gripping THEIRS. In fact, they HAVE no control. And afterall, who can blame them? There's a nifty little choice of treats in this yummy display and besides... who doesn't like to pop a bit of candy in their mouth while sitting around and gossiping? Oh yeah... I purposely put the Skittles on right smack on top, since my intention is to definitely get rid of those first. I hate Skittles. But I LOVE Baby Ruth's so, those I didn't even put in the bowl to begin with. What? Share MY favorites? Uh... not happening.

I wasn't living here last year. Thus, I have no clue how many little kiddies to expect. Not to mention the grown kiddies who should have given up Trick or Treating years ago. Which means... I now have to go out and buy MORE candy? EEEKS.

I was speaking to a neighbor the other day... she told me that last year she THINKS her doorbell rang about 35 times. Oh man... this is going to be one hell of a bumpy ride, if you ask me. She also said that when her candy ran out, about 9:00, she simply turned off her front porch light and boom. Supposedly, it was signal that candy hand outs were kaput.

If you ask me, its way more of a signal to say: OKAY, KIDS. BRING IT ON... EGG MY HOUSE IN RETALIATION AND OH, BY THE WAY... WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, WHY NOT JUST PAPER THE S*%T OUT OF IT, TOO. Yikes. Can you imagine?

No comments: