10/15/08

HOUSE OF GLITZ

Boy... was I ever a happy camper today. Look what I found while shopping for plants! THE glitziest gold wreathe of ribbon and foil and curlicues you ever did see. SO up my alley! I took one look at it and thought BINGO. This guy is DEFINITELY for me.

Ordinarily I don't buy too many wreathes. But, wow, one look at this and it was like a little puppy with very say eyes saying: PLEASE TAKE ME HOME. To YOUR home. Actually, it was more like a puppy with really sparkly eyes lighting up into huge saucers as it saw me walk by. And... the puppy just KNEW I was the right owner for such a treat. Talk about being astute.

I originally went to the store to buy plants and pumpkins. Oh yeah... I also had to make a return, which I did. Then, as I headed over to the plant department, I sort of strolled over to the Xmas display... which by the way... huh?? Before Halloween even hits?? SOME merchandising jump start, if you ask me. But... whatever.

In the meantime, I have to admit I LOVE XMAS TIME. It's the best all time shopping opportunity for a buyer like myself. The glitzier the better, and yippee. The Xmas season has some of the most fabulous glitz, bar none. So, there I was, spotting this wreathe and immediately, I called Claudia over and said... uh... now HERE'S something with my name on it! She had to agree, given she knows my taste pretty well, and in no time at all, this deal went right smack into my basket... no questions asked. I LOVE IT.

So much so, that in a matter of minutes of my arriving back home, I hung the wreathe on my front door, lickety split. Now... NO one will ever get confused when pointing out which house is mine. It looks soooo pretty and glitzes up the front of the house like crazy. Well, that, and the stunning yellow mums on the front steps. And the six pumpkins. And the four hanging baskets of winter pansies. And the array of colorful oversized gourds. Uh... you think you'll find my house okay?

Actually, maybe I should take a picture of the entire front of the house and show you one day. For now, however... this wreathe is definitely the money. Which reminds me... EEEEEKS... AGAIN, THE STOCK MARKET WENT DOWN THE TUBES TODAY. Meaning: will I even HAVE a house by the time all this is over? Maybe not, but at least I'll have plenty of glitz. That counts for something, yes??

No comments: