10/20/08

HOUSING CRUNCH

Now HERE'S something that gives a whole new meaning to the term: a housing crunch. And THIS house is not only crunchy, BUT delicious, too! Although, I have admit... whoever eats THIS house is going to have to pay a heavy price, indeed. I WANT TO KEEP IT INTACT, FOREVER. So basically... hands off! In fact, click on the picture, and you'll see it in it's fully glory... then you'll know what I mean. IT'S FABULOUS.

That's because... guess what? I MADE IT! Actually a friend and I made it together. OUR FIRST TIME, EVER, I might add. Came out pretty decent, don't you think? There I was, in one of those big wholesale grocery stores last week, and I happened to see this Gingerbread House Kit. I had seen it last year, but never picked it up way back then. But THIS year I did. Am boy, am I glad. It was such fun, I cannot tell you. WHO KNEW??

Granted, I can't enter our finished product into any of those ritzy upscale Gingerbread House contests that you see during the holiday season, but trust me.... give me one or two more swings at this deal, and bingo. I might be able to pull off something. Well, kinda. There are WAY more complicated structures and decorated way more lavishly than my house, but still.... I would highly recommend you try this one day. Oh yeah... a day with plenty of time to kill, by the way. Come to find out, you've got to let it all set up for a while before moving along to the next steps. No big deal... a great time to catch a movie, we found out.

Anyway, we divvied up the parts of the house, each of us taking two sides, and then bingo. We let our creative juices flow accordingly. By the way... the sides that are decorated better than the others?? Uh, I didn't do THOSE. My friend did, and was way better than I, but what the hell. Then, we both worked on the roof. I did a lot of the finishing touches on roof, while my friend did the front entrance. In the end, we had a GREAT time and best of all, the completed house came out such, that you DEFinitely know what it is supposed to be. Which of course is always a perfect test, and one we passed with flying colors!

I already decided what we'll use the next time we take on such a challenge. Forget about the candies supplied with the kit. I'm choosing candy I love to EAT. As in: M&Ms, Hershey Miniatures, Red Licorice, Dots, etc., etc. Boy will it look great! Almost good enough to eat, actually. But... DON'T you dare. I love looking at it way too much.

No comments: