9/11/08

HAVE A NICE FLIGHT

What a crappy weekend. I had to go to Linda's funeral and trust me it was as sad a day as any I've ever had. In the meantime, to get there and back, I had to fly. Which then added yet another crappy emotion to my already sad one. Now, I had to deal with anger. And... uh... almost getting kicked off the plane. Well, sort of, anyway.

So, basically, there I was trying to get from point A to point B. First thing I see when entering the airport, is the amount charged for curb side check in. Boom. Right off the bat, I was pissed. Having by-passed that cost, I entered the airport terminal and the second thing I see is the amount charged for checking bags at the counter. That, too, didn't sit so well with me. Bingo. I wound up doing carry on. At no charge, of course. Uh... that's when things went even further south in the anger department.

The power folks at the security check in point, took my bags, scanned them and then whammo. They CONFISCATED ALL MY HAIR PRODUCTS. Have any clue how many products I USE to get this crappy look of mine? Trust me... some happy woman is now sporting a mighty spiffy hair do, considering SHE now has my products and I don't. The guy took all my favorites, and frankly, I didn't mind so much losing the $6 items. But when it got to the $25 ones, then I was REALLY pissed. Which definitely set the tone for the rest of my trip. I was cursing up a storm, pretty much to no one in particular. Oh yeah, when I wasn't cursing, I was kinda busy crying since as I said, I was first, unbelievably sad. Whatever.

So, okay. I successfully made the first leg of this crappy trip home. It was during the second and/or last leg of the trip that apparently my attitude was going even further down the drain. And the flight attendant was none to pleased about it either. Bear in mind I have never EVER been in a situation where there was even the remotest possibility I could be thrown out of somewhere. Except in this airplane... about 20 thousand feet high, I might add.


As it happened, Claudia and I were sitting in THE VERY FIRST two seats of the plane... right smack in front of the flight attendant's seat. Like, she was practically in our lap. Facing us, no less. Hence, had we been interested, it so could have been a three way conversation. Uh... except I WASN'T interested. But I WAS bitching. And complaining. And swearing. About what I can't even remember.

Anyway, I was talking to Claudia. Not to this third party facing us. Yet SHE was getting a bit testy towards me; I guess not necessarily appreciating my talent for good conversation, laden with perfectly fine, descriptive profanity. It was then that she reprimanded me. EEEKS. As in: something like, give it a rest, lady since none of the passengers here are interested in your devilish vocabulary. To which I replied: YEAH, RIGHT. Translation: F.Y.

I then immediately shut my eyes so I didn't have to view her crapola face nor deal with her crapola reprimands. Trust me... were we any where near the ground, she would have thrown me off the plane immediately. I think, anyway.

Which, to tell you the truth, wouldn't even have mattered so much to me. My thinking at the moment was: so what? Now I could be with Linda once again. By the way... that line about ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT? That's a total crock. There is never enjoyment when the security people start tossing things from your luggage. On the other hand... OOPS. It's 9-11 as we speak. Uh... I guess maybe they really DO need to toss things. But believe me... I'll probably still complain about it, nevertheless.

No comments: