8/24/08

LeRoy Neiman

I'm apparently an artistic genius. Much like the Neiman paintings. You've seen them before? LeRoy is a world famous artist, and has captured all KINDS of scenes from around the globe. He does events, locations, sports, celebrities, etc. etc. and is one of America's most famous artists. Plus, he gets PLENTY for his work.

IF you commission him, that is. As it happens, I commissioned MYSELF. Which you can see in the pict up above. Like it? Well, okay... so it's not everyone's cup of tea, but let me tell you... now that I've blown it up into to a laminated 2'x3' poster which is being framed as we speak... I will have above my living room couch one FABULOUS looking portrait of who else? ME!

I can't tell you how pleased I am. Especially since it cost me... instead of hundreds of thousands of dollars... approximately a mere $300. Frame included. Can you believe it?? What a genius I am TOO! Who knew?


My son was here a couple of weeks ago... he fell in love with my portrait as much as I did, so we made it our project to zip over to our friendly neighborhood blower upper and had them mount it as well. Boom. It's a great knock off kind of look for the family room wall. My biggest dilemma of course now, is: do I sign it by me or by LeRoy? Basically meaning: do I let people think I paid billions for commissioned art or do I let them in on the fact, that uh... it's a fake? Hmmm... talk about not knowing which way to go.

Oh yeah... in case you're interested... I'm tickled pink that Biden is on the ticket.

No comments: