8/14/08

EMMA

I'm really getting into Jane Austen, lately. First of all, I love Pride and Prejudice. It's one of my favorite love stories. Second of all, I've seen a few of the film adaptations of Jane's books, and loved those, too. Third of all, there are several of her books that I have not read. And, fourth of all, I never will.

Who needs to?? I listen to her downloaded audiobooks, instead! What could better for a lazy little creep like me?? I'm so telling you... this whole new invention is right up my alley. I'm having the time of my life being read to each night at bedtime; and right now it's Jane Austen's EMMA.

It's a great little story, she's got going there, by the way. And, I love the way this little British lady narrates it. She's quick, she's easy to understand and she's easy on the ears. I've been listening to it for oh... I'd say about a week now. I fall asleep listening to it, so basically, I only get about a ten minute run on the deal before I'm way out of earshot. But, believe you me.... this new discovery of mine is the next best thing to downing a couple of Ambien ANY day.

I also love the way I have no clue how this story is going to unfold. Oh yeah... by the way, if by chance YOU happen to know... don't tell me! I like surprises. Actually, I'm kinda hoping that Emma, a self professed, happily confirmed bachelorette, finally DOES fall in love and marry some gent. Apparently, she's big on making it happen for everyone ELSE in her life, but has no interest in the concept for herself. I have a sneaky suspicion, however that Emma remains single, regardless of my wishes. I'll just have to wait and see. Ooops. I mean, hear.

What's even better for me, aside from adoring this story so far, is that no matter WHICH story I listen to, boom. Within minutes, I'm fast asleep. Even when I'm not in my own bed, too. Normally, when visiting someone, and sleeping in THEIR bed, I could toss and turn forever. Not anymore, my friend. Ten minutes?? Bingo. I'm a goner.

Which is a good thing, since I LOVE sleeping. It's right up there with some of my all time favorite hobbies. And, I'm pretty good at it, too. I'm into probably, oh... I'd say... a nice, comfy seven to eight hours of sleep a night. Which reminds me of my OTHER all time favorite hobby... NAPS! Those, I like to make into about one/one and a half hour deals. All in all, you'd almost think that I should be as exquisite as the Queen of the Nile or something. For, as the ole saying goes... every woman needs her beauty sleep. Trust me... I doing my best. With the help of EMMA, I might add.

No comments: