4/29/08

WRIGHT IS WRONG

Wow... this man is outta control. Is he PURPOSELY trying to sabotage the candidate of his church?? Because, I gotta tell you... none of what he's blabbering about can possibly help. Were I Obama, I would DEFINITELY tell the guy... uh, you wanna button it up until AFTER I'm elected? PLEASE? Man... with friends like this, who needs enemies??

Now don't get me wrong... I'm not weighing in on whether or not Wright has the right to speak. Of course he does. Nor am I blanketly saying that Wright doesn't have some validity in his view of how Blacks have been treated in our country. And, I'm not saying that the Reverend isn't espousing some MAJOR wacko ideas. Regardless... most of us have no clue what it's been like to live a life filled with hate and discrimination.

What I AM saying however, is given the controversy he brings on... couldn't he like give his church member a break?? Has he no loyalty whatsoever to Obama, in hopes that we might have our very first Black nominee for President? Oh yeah... I forgot... Wright is kinda on a campaign himself. A campaign to SELL HIS LATEST BOOK, that is. No WONDER he doesn't care about the ruckus he's capable of creating. He's got an agenda all his own. And, he's plenty pissed at Barack for shall we say "distancing himself".

Which is too bad, if you ask me. I'd almost think that Wright would at least wait a bit before he drives Obama and the country crazy with his crapola. He wants to believe and promote his outlandish ideas? Okay... do it. Just don't do it RIGHT SMACK ON THE EVE OF A MAJOR ELECTION. Personally, I'd have to say Obama's motto of the day should be: timing is everything. And, this, my friend, is not the time.

Thank goodness Obama has seen fit to call Wright out on a lot of his thinking. In fact, just this afternoon, Barak basically told Jeremiah... adios, mi amigo... nice knowing you. Don't EVER call me again. It must make Obama shudder to no end, to know that he's unfortunately, being held responsible for what spills from his pastor's brain. It's nuts. On the other hand, I do believe that Wright, as a man of God, has indeed offered comfort and insight for many congregants, in living a holy life. But therein lies the rub. Why can't this man HELP to promote the ONE man who has the clout and intelligence AND ability to finally help bridge the huge divide between black and white? Instead, Wright has basically thrown THAT possibility to the wind, I see.

Get the hook. And FAST. Talk about no friend in need is no friend, indeed. Nice going, Rev. My best advice to Obama? Don't feel badly that your pastor turned out to be a vicious, retaliating A-hold. Nor that you had to give him the boot. Trust me... men like him are WAY outta your league. Including... the League of Women Voters.

No comments: