12/10/06

WARHOL ON THE CHEAP

I was watching a show on TV today. One of the home decor shows. And I saw an idea that sorta caught my fancy. You're looking at it right next to this text. While you may think it's the turquoise coloring that makes it remarkable, it's actually something else, altogether.

First of all, on the TV show, they talked about taking a personal photo, zeroing in on just part of the face, blowing it up, colorizing it any color you want, making about 5 copies and then... hanging the photos in a uniform way on the wall. It's a kind of a cheapo way of getting a homemade Andy Warhol portrait. Anyway, it all sounded pretty interesting, so I got up and went right to the computer to create my OWN Warhol lookalike. What you're seeing is the finished piece. For a lot less than Andy would have charged. too. I'm thinking maybe I'll hang 5 of them above the headboard of my bed. All in different colors. Keyword: maybe.

Secondly, what I found most interesting, is that I even allowed this picture to be taken at all. Number one, I don't even think I have on any make up. Number two, what you don't see is that I'm wearing nothing but a spaghetti strap black nightgown. And number three... which is the reason the picture was taken in the first place... is the fact that you'd NEVER see me with my hair down. Thus... what makes this shot noteworthy. SO noteworthy in fact, that as you can see, folks apparently decided it required actual documentation.

And, it's a good thing they did. For, when searching my files for a picture of me that would, in fact, work best for my Warhol project, bingo. This was the only shot that was in the running. Which isn't saying much as far as how photogenic I may be. Regardless, I printed out an 8x10 picture but am far from making any final decision as to whether or not I should follow through on this decorating idea. Actually, to help make up my mind, I took the printed page and hung it up on the front of my upper oven. This way, I can stare at it to my heart's content, wondering if I should/should not complete this deal.

So... whether or not I ever hang my Warhol portraits above my bed, I just don't know. What I DO know however, is that you better take a good long look at this pict. 10 to 1, It's the last time you'll ever see me with my hair down for a lonnnnnng time yet to come.

No comments: