11/9/06

MY LUCKY DAY

Well, whatta ya know. Seems as if what goes around comes around. Like all of a sudden it's BETTER for you to now have butter rather than margarine. Also, coffee with caffeine is, it turns out to be, a GOOD thing. As if that's not enough, dark chocolate is currently, recommended eating!

Today I learned even luckier news. Get this... in the contest of having a doughnut for breakfast vs. having no breakfast at all, THE DOUGHNUT WINS! YIPPEE! Now THAT'S the kind of news I love to hear. FINALLY. Someone in Nutrition Heaven is seeing the light. They're seeing so much light as a matter of fact, they're also telling me that Coke is a better choice than lemonade. Apparently, it's the sugar issue that puts lemonade on the DO NOT DRINK list. My, how things have changed.

In the meantime, when my girlfriend, Linda, was here visiting me this week, she complied with my request to make my all time favorite recipe... her Chicken Francaise. In fact, we wound up having a kind of small, very last minute dinner party which was a real treat for me. She did the shopping, she did the prep work, and she did the cooking. But even I know when things are over the top.
While passing through the kitchen, I happened to see Linda making the sauce and EEKS. I saw TWO HUGE whole sticks of butter in the pan!! I gasped with fright. She, on the other hand, told me to get the hell out of the kitchen. WHAT?? You're allowed to use that much butter?? Linda wanted to add more, I think, but there was just no way I could, in good faith, allow it. (wouldn't my Mother be proud)

As it turned out, the dinner that evening was FABULOUS. Not only because the meal was so delicious, but also... HALLELUJAH!... the Republicans fell like dead weights here, there, and everywhere. So actually, if my luck keeps on pointing in such happy directions, I'll one day learn that french fries are way better for you than baked potatoes! Am now off to find a Rabbit's Foot, a Horseshoe and a Four Leaf Clover.

No comments: