11/22/06

I MUST CONFESS

There's no doubt about it... Madonna wins the prize as one of THE most talented musical artists EVER. I swear to God... after watching her special tonight, THE CONFESSIONS TOUR, I have to congratulate myself for having picked her out the lineup, way back in the late 8Os, as a major fabulous musical force. It was then that I watched, listened, gasped and gloried. I remember thinking Jesus... who IS this mover and shaker? I also remember watching her on TV's American Music Awards while she did her performance of LIKE A VIRGIN. I immediately called my brother to say: Uh oh. The musical world has definitely now gone to all out hell. Such was the sexy shock I felt at watching Madonna perform, crawling in an erotic pose wearing a shabby chic white laced skirt and satin corset. Uh... not your Mother's Perry Como, to say the least.

In spite of taking me by complete surprise, within the next 8 years, Madonna recorded some of my alltime favorite music. While I never had a daughter of my own, I did have a teen aged step daughter and I'll never forget the nights I chauffeured her and her many adorable friends, all the while singing at the top of our lungs all the songs on my copy of Madonna's CD, IMMACUALATE COLLECTION. To this day, it's still one of the best CD's ever recorded.

As if THAT'S not enough, Madonna, who's now well into her 40s has THE most incredible rock hard body you've ever seen. Shit. When God was handing out the goodies, I swear, he was having a most remarkable day, giving Madonna the looks, brains, talent and hutzpah for which all others would kill. On the other hand, at a very young age, she lost her Mother, so.... I better be careful of my jealous tradeoffs. In the meantime, watching her move that rock hard muscle toned body could almost make an aging ole lady give pause and rethink her sexual orientation. This Madonna, unlike the biblical one, is one HOT mama.

Uh... and this Madonna, unlike the biblical one, is far from pure. Thank God for small favors.

No comments: