1/3/09

THE D LIST

While most people are working it hard, to get on some sort of socialite's A List, I, on the other hand, am totally going the other direction. As in: working MUCH harder to get on Kathy Griffin's D List! And, I'm not talking her Dean's List, either. That's her, in the picture up above. A party girl, don't you think??

I love Kathy G. You of course would probably hate her. Not because she isn't a down right, sweet, compassionate woman (although she probably is) but rather, because she has by far some of the filthiest takes on life you'd EVER imagined. And... she is pretty damn direct and/or cruel when she talks about her impressions of folks in general. She is brash. She can be tasteless. Even borders on crass. BUT... she is so damn funny that it knocks my socks off.


No doubt most of you have never even heard of her TV show, MY LIFE ON THE D LIST, but man, did I ever love it whenever I was lucky enough to be flipping through the channels and came across it. Let alone, catch her stand up specials. I've gotta give this woman, credit... she is by far one of the rawest dames you'll ever see when she gets into it; but as I said, I laugh right out loud whenever I see her. Talk about girls gone wild! Uh... I say we let her walk home with the trophy for SURE.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Kathy might be a bit more crude in speech than most people, but when you listen to her, you soon realize she nails it immediately in her description or discussion. Which is another reason I love her. She hits her target, has no regret for the way she aims the arrow and by the time she's finished, her her bulls eyes are obliterated. I also love her spunk. OH YEAH... the red hair makes me envious as hell.


The REAL reason I wished I could be Kathy's friend??? TALK ABOUT PERSONALITY! Man... she's loaded with it. Friends who offer me outrageous, outstanding personalities are SO the kind of friends I adore. I love quick thinking, quick talk and quick comebacks. You're meek? Prim? Proper? Uh... keep on moving down the line, honey. Ain't no room for you here, in THIS playground.

True... personality comes second to being a sincere, kind, intelligent, grounded lady. But, you roll it all into one... BOOM. YOU'RE LIVING ON THE D LIST! Dissed List? Dish List? Diva List? Who needs the A List when... good news! You can aim SO much lower.

No comments: